pic for profile

1 view

Roland Langford

Oct 5, 2010, 12:04:35 PM10/5/10
to Welcome
Hi! As autumn's rains drench the upper Chesapeake Bay. . .

#1. I've tried several times to "download" a pic of m'wife an'
me made by our youngest daughter. It's fairly realistic--
showing us together - as we are in retirement. The "profile
page" invariably asks me to "crop" the pic, but when I
strive to do so, it immediately reports "Page error" of some
such nonsense. I've already reduced the pic to about 47
KB. How much smaller does the "profile" wish it?????
#2. Where is the segment or page that permits me to
write my signature?
#3. What has happened to the e-mails I'd been saving in
my "inbox." I can no longer access them.
#4. What has happened to the "groups" to which I used to
belong? I cannot find them; what's worse is that I do not re-
member the specific names or titles for each of them.
#5. Are there any "helper" style folks left? I've no interest in
learning how this "Google" machinery works. Help; help;
HELP!

More and more crabby the more I think of this mess!
R E LANGFORD JR (retired)

Elsa Clark

Oct 5, 2010, 1:33:01 PM10/5/10
to Welcome, Roland Langford
Langford there is more help available now than there had been for a
long time on the old Ecunet, in part because Helper was having to
spend most of his time dealing with spam. Please check the "Browse
all groups" (click on that button) both to find the Help group where
qualified people can answer you and where you can check for which
groups are now operating. It was made clear to moderators and members
of old Ecunet meetings that it would be their responsibility to open
those meetings on the new Ecunet. The cost of moving them over was
prohibitive, so it could not be done for them. If you are referring
to your inbox on the old Ecunet, I'm afraid it is gone. Again,
several notes went out to members warning about the need to prepare
for the change. Again, please join the Help group to get more
specific help with some of your problems.
Elsa

On Oct 5, 12:04 pm, Roland Langford <r_e_lan...@ecunet.org>

Kathleen

Oct 5, 2010, 3:29:52 PM10/5/10
to Welcome
I just set up my filter for this group. This is a test to see if it is now working.

Valerie Perrins

Oct 5, 2010, 7:03:08 PM10/5/10
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Hi, RE!

I'll tell you what I know, but most important: join the group Ecunet Help

#1 The picture feature isn't working, and Paul is pursuing a fix.  When it does work, you won't have to reduce the size of the picture at your end; you will just crop any excess off the picture when it appears.  So if you're loading a picture of you and other people, and you just want your picture there, you will crop the others out.

#2  I just found a place to put a signature for outgoing mail.  I put in my name, but I haven't tried it yet.  If I'm sending from my email client, there is already a signature there.  I'm afraid I've closed that webpage, though.  I keep getting into Google pages when looking for other things.  If I find it again, I'll send you the URL.

#3  Everything from the old Ecunet website is gone, if that is where you were saving them.

#4 All the old meetings are gone.  People are recreating them here.  If you can't find your favorite meeting, you can start it up yourself, but it will start afresh, no old notes.  Use the "Browse All Groups" link to see if you find it.  They are in order of activity, not alphabetical, so you need to look through the whole bunch.  No one has started the garden meeting, to my knowledge.

#5 Timothy Bonney and Paul Edison-Swift will help you in the group Ecunet Help.

--
Val

Joyce Heintz

Oct 5, 2010, 8:39:20 PM10/5/10
to Welcome, Valerie Perrins
Re: #4 groups - you can follow Val's directions and browse all groups.
In addition, in the upper right you'll see a box that says they're
arranged by "ranking." You can also click alphabetical order and a
couple other options.