System working?

Peter Michaelson

Oct 1, 2010, 12:37:57 PM10/1/10
to Welcome
The system wouldn't take my post/reply to Earl Arnold's post from my e-
client program, we'll try this from the web interface . . .

Hi, Earl and all -

Yes, everything seems to be functioning as intended. For a change!

I have been able to interface my iPhone via Mail, Macintosh via Mail,
and PC via Thunderbird, all using the Google help files and an IMAP
account configuration. There were a few tries to get it right. I
have been receiving personal notes through the morning, replying and
"labels" seem to work as intended. Yours is the only "Group" message
I've received so far.

The filters on the Google end do not seem to be working to affix
"labels" automatically but never mind, my Mac can do that.

I am busily getting used to the Google environment. Even though I
have had a gmail account for some time, things are different now that
my main address has been shifted to their servers.

Outgoing messages seem to be uploading slowly. I wonder why that is
or is it just a Google thing?

On Oct 1, 2010, at 7:16 AM, Earl Arnold wrote:

Apparently the OLD ECUNET closed up about dinnertime yesterday, and
the new one is now receiving messages addressed @ecunet.com

I've received one message that was sent to @presbynet.com, so that
address is being redirected, as well.

Now I'm seeing how long it takes, to get messages to my ECUNET
address.

Are other people experiencing any problems?

Best wishes, and great work, transfer team!

Earl Arnold
East Syracuse, NY

Elsa Clark

Oct 1, 2010, 4:01:32 PM10/1/10
to Welcome, Peter Michaelson
Welcome to the new Ecunet, Peter. I haven't seen your name for a
while. You sound like a real techie. I'll have to tell Helper about
your skills in case he needs some help.
Elsa

On Oct 1, 12:37 pm, Peter Michaelson <peter.mi...@ecunet.org>

Kenneth Riviere

Oct 1, 2010, 9:24:00 PM10/1/10
to Welcome, Peter Michaelson
I saw this reference to ecunet.com in the message quoted below so I
thought I'd try addressing some mail to my ecunet address using .com
instead of .org just to see what happens. I had already received an
email to me at ecunet.org. I'm a bit surprised that I have neither
received the message in my ecunet inbox nor had the message bounced
back to my sending account. Is there a separate ecunet.com in usage
somewhere? Is ecunet.com a usable domain name for the new Ecunet, or
should it always be .org?

Peace

On Oct 1, 12:37 pm, Peter Michaelson <peter.mi...@ecunet.org>

Elsa Clark

Oct 1, 2010, 9:52:18 PM10/1/10
to Welcome, Kenneth Riviere, Peter Michaelson
Kenneth, as I understand it, Ecunet owns all variations with Ecunet in
them. However, there is a group that was using ecunet.com illegally
until recently. I believe that, having been informed of their illegal
use, they have stopped using it. I can't begin to guess what happened
to your email addressed to ecunet.com.
Elsa

George Conklin

Oct 1, 2010, 9:57:28 PM10/1/10
to Elsa Clark, Welcome, Kenneth Riviere, Peter Michaelson
Hi Elsa,

There is a website http://ecunet.com/ which is perfectly legal, and
in continuing operation. They use capitalization so it looks like EcuNet.

George

Paul Edison-Swift

Oct 1, 2010, 10:28:07 PM10/1/10
to Welcome
Just a typo Kenneth. Ecunet doesn't own the ecunet.com domain. Please use
ecunet.org

Oct 1, 2010, 10:43:26 PM10/1/10
to Paul Edison-Swift, welcom...@ecunet.org
On 10/1/2010 10:28 PM, Paul Edison-Swift wrote:
Just a typo Kenneth.  Ecunet doesn't own the ecunet.com domain.  Please use
ecunet.org

Paul et al.,

OK, I have set up my Ecunet account on Mozilla.  It works via IMAP; doesn't work via POP3.

I have noticed that for several groups to which I have tried to reply, that my message goes to the sender, not to the group, so I have to add the group address to my email heading.  (I also notice that whereas other groups have hyphens between the words in the address, this one has dots: welcom...@ecunet.org.)

When I reply to The Cats Pajamas, the reply goes there.  I have noticed that all the subject/thread lines have
{TCP on Ecunet Google:88}  and then the actual subject line or thread.  The number changes, I suppose signifying a note number.  Peter set up this group, so he must have done something different.  It sure is a lot easier just to reply without having to add the group address

--
Val

Paul Edison-Swift

Oct 1, 2010, 10:53:34 PM10/1/10
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Hi Val, just use IMAP.

What happens when you hit reply to a group note is set by each group owner.  Here are the options:

Replies are sent to the whole group.
Replies are sent to the author of the message.
Replies are sent to the owners of the group.
Users decide where their replies are sent.
Use a custom reply-to:

This setting, and the options for the subject line are both in the "Email delivery" tab of the "Group settings" menu.

Paul

Bill Wildhack

Oct 1, 2010, 11:10:15 PM10/1/10
to welcom...@ecunet.org

And again!  Just realized hitting “reply” in Outlook 2010 went just to Paul, but if I hit “reply all” it added welcom...@ecunet.org to the addees . . .

Oct 1, 2010, 11:31:47 PM10/1/10
to welcom...@ecunet.org
On 10/1/2010 11:10 PM, Bill Wildhack wrote:
And again!  Just realized hitting “reply” in Outlook 2010 went just to Paul, but if I hit “reply all” it added welcom...@ecunet.org to the addees . . .

Oh, thanks, Bill!  That works!  Actually, now it is just replying to the group and not to you.

--
Val

Kathleen Splitt

Oct 2, 2010, 10:40:27 AM10/2/10
to Welcome, Peter Michaelson
I have been trying and trying to set my IMAP settings up. But to no
avail. I cannot get my inbox mail or my Ecunet meetings via Apple
Mail, in spite of the fact that I have followed all instructions as
nearly as I can tell.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please send to
lyric....@mac.com because I am getting that mail.

Thank you,
Kathleen Splitt

On Oct 1, 12:37 pm, Peter Michaelson <peter.mi...@ecunet.org>

Elsa Clark

Oct 2, 2010, 11:31:48 AM10/2/10
to Welcome, Kathleen Splitt, Peter Michaelson
Kathleen, I'd suggest putting a note in the Help group.
Elsa