spam

Doniver Peterson

Dec 4, 2010, 11:00:02 AM12/4/10
to Welcome
I receive spam, but I'm glad I can see what spam I have received when I use Outlook Express.

Elsa Clark

Dec 4, 2010, 11:14:32 AM12/4/10
to Welcome, Doniver Peterson
Sorry to hear you're getting spammed, Doniver. Unfortunately, it
seems to be a fact of internet life these days. I've noticed though
that Google usually identifies spam and puts a note in my inbox asking
whether I want the note or not.
Elsa

On Dec 4, 11:00 am, Doniver Peterson <doniver_...@ecunet.org>

The Rev. Dr. Peter Michaelson

Dec 4, 2010, 12:32:44 PM12/4/10
to Welcome
FYI some of your spam - probably most - is waylaid by Google before it gets to your Outlook, or my Mail program.  You can see it by accessing your spam folder either under "[Gmail]" in Outlook or under your mailbox on the Gmail web page.

In other words, you now have two spam folders, Gmail's and Outlook's.
– The Rev. Dr. Peter Michaelson  ; )
    The Mission to Seafarers
    Narragansett Bay, RI

Earl Arnold

Feb 25, 2011, 2:36:45 PM2/25/11
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Today there was a spam message, that someone attempted to post on the
GOOD EATS group I moderate.
I got a note from Google, saying there was a "suspicious" message that
they thought was spam, but I could look at it and decide, before it
was posted on the group. I did, it was, and I reported it.

But this is the first time since the new start-up, that I've seen spam
sent to a group. Good sign, or bad sign?

Earl Arnold
East Syracuse, NY

Valerie Perrins

Feb 25, 2011, 10:53:42 PM2/25/11
to welcom...@ecunet.org
On 2/25/2011 2:36 PM, Earl Arnold wrote:
But this is the first time since the new start-up, that I've seen spam
sent to a group.  Good sign, or bad sign?

Earl,

How is the group set up?  Does it accept posts from non-Ecunet addresses?  Can anyone post?  If so, that opens a window to spam.  If not, it's a bad sign that it is getting in.  Did the spam note come from an Ecunet address?  Anyone can join Ecunet, though it doesn't seem like the groups would be a fertile field for it.  Are you able to block that address from further posts?

--
Val