Multiple Google accounts

1 view

Kenneth Riviere

Sep 27, 2010, 9:31:30 PM9/27/10
to Welcome
I already have a google account which I use for email, calendar, and
other things. When I logged into Ecunet it asked me if I wanted to
switch to my new Ecunet login instead of my usual log in. I did so,
but apparently I cannot be logged into both within the browser because
it is keeping cookies on my PC to track how I'm currently logged in.

However, despite this limitation, it can easily be circumvented by
simply using multiple browsers. Besides the default Micro$oft
Internet Explorer which comes with all (? is this still true after
anti-monopoloy suits? at least most) Windows boxes, there is Mozilla
Firefox, Google's Chrome, Opera and others. This should make it
pretty easy to plug into Ecunet while continuing to use another Google
account, if one so desires.

Peace,
JoKeR

Luke Hagen

Sep 27, 2010, 10:02:13 PM9/27/10
to Welcome
I have discovered that I can be logged into both my primary gmail
account as well as my ecunet account at the same time, in the same
browser.

SETUP PROCEDURE (one time):

1) Log-in to primary gmail account (not ecunet)
2) Go to "Settings", then "Change Account Settings: Google Account
Settings"
3) A new page will load. Under "personal settings" enable multiple
sign-in
4) Start at Step 2 of "SIGN-IN PROCEDURE" below.

SIGN-IN PROCEDURE (day-to-day):

1) Sign into primary account (XXX...@gmail.com)
2) At top of primary account, click on your address "XXX...@gmail.com"
and right click "sign in to another account" (so that a new a tab
opens).
3) Sign into ecunet. Works like a charm, at least for me.

Note that at this time, this feature is not available in google apps
(which includes ecunet), so you must start from your @gmail.com inbox.
I haven't used the calendar or google docs much, so there may be some
funky behavior in those applications when you have more than one
account active in one browser.

Respectfully,
Luke Hagen

Elsa Clark

Sep 27, 2010, 10:07:41 PM9/27/10
to Welcome, Luke Hagen
You two seem able to find your own solutions, but let me welcome you
to the new Ecunet. What meetings have you been in previously?
Hopefully, you will find them here or others of interest.
Elsa

On Sep 27, 10:02 pm, Luke Hagen <luke_...@ecunet.org.test-google-

Kenneth Riviere

Sep 28, 2010, 9:37:19 PM9/28/10
to Welcome, Luke Hagen
Well, I had to look at it pretty carefully, but I was able to follow
your instructions and now have it working so that I am logged into
both accounts at the same time. As you said, it opens in another
tab. Personally, I prefer to have things in separate windows, but I
think I can deal with it being set up as multiple tabs in a single
window. Who knows? Maybe this will convince me to start using tabs
more frequently.

Thanks for your help.

Peace,
JoKeR

On Sep 27, 10:02 pm, Luke Hagen <luke_...@ecunet.org.test-google-

Steve Shipman

Sep 30, 2010, 3:40:14 PM9/30/10
to Welcome, Kenneth Riviere, Luke Hagen
OK. I'm missing something. I got the settings changed and got logged
in to both accounts, but couldn't get to the groups page. It just told
me I hadn't joined any groups. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. BTW,
Using Safari on a Mac.

Steve Shipman

On Sep 28, 9:37 pm, Kenneth Riviere <Kenneth...@ecunet.org>

Luke Hagen

Sep 30, 2010, 4:24:25 PM9/30/10
to Welcome, Steve Shipman, Kenneth Riviere, Luke Hagen
Steve,

Once I have gmail in one tab and Ecunet mail open in another tab, in
the Ecunet mail tab, I go to the menu at the top of the page and click
on "more". Then I right click on "groups" and it opens in a new tab.

Hopefully that will do it for you, but it sounds like you might be
having a different problem. I also am using Safari on a Mac.

Respectfully,
Luke

David R. Warner, Jr

Oct 4, 2010, 8:26:18 PM10/4/10
to Kenneth Riviere, Welcome
You can accomplish the same by simply opening another tab for the new session -- at least in Firefox.

_DAVID

David R. Warner, Jr.
19507 485th Lane
McGregor, Minnesota 55760
Phone 218-426-3900
Cell 218-838-4972
Da...@Daval.com

Elsa Clark

Oct 5, 2010, 9:29:40 AM10/5/10
to Welcome, David R. Warner, Jr, Kenneth Riviere
I agree, I can't imagine anything more convenient. I have a tab open
all the time for my Yahoo mail and one for Ecunet. Sometimes when I'm
writing a note in one or the other and need to check something in a
previous note or research a fact I open a third and even fourth tab,
and just go back and forth between the tabs.
Elsa