What keeps it going?

Timothy Bonney

Sep 19, 2018, 3:46:52 PM9/19/18
to Welcome
It has been a long time since I logged into Ecunet. Is there a cost to this google groups setup? How does Ecunet maintain it’s existence?

Tim Bonney
Tbo...@ecunet.org

Peter Michaelson

Sep 19, 2018, 4:27:57 PM9/19/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
No charge. Ecunet is part now of Google, which has its own business plan. I think they mostly ignore us, but I wouldn’t put a lot of money on it.

--
The Rev. Dr. Peter Michaelson  😊
from Warwick, RI

Timothy Bonney

Sep 19, 2018, 5:58:37 PM9/19/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
So Google isn’t charging for it? That’s a little surprising. But, I’m not going to argue with it. :-)

Tim Bonney

George Conklin

Sep 19, 2018, 6:05:08 PM9/19/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I"m surprised, Ecunet is indeed a Google Group.  Took a brief look, may look deeper later this week.

George in Berkeley

At 02:58 PM 9/19/2018, Timothy Bonney wrote:
So Google isn’t charging for it? That’s a little surprising. But, I’m not going to argue with it. :-)

Tim Bonney
tbo...@ecunet.org

Get Outlook for iOS

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM -0500, "Peter Michaelson" < peter.mi...@ecunet.org> wrote:

No charge. Ecunet is part now of Google, which has its own business plan. I think they mostly ignore us, but I wouldn’t put a lot of money on it.

--
The Rev. Dr. Peter Michaelson  😊
from Warwick, RI
401-780-9618

On September 19, 2018 at 3:46:52 PM, Timothy Bonney (tbo...@ecunet.org) wrote:
It has been a long time since I logged into Ecunet. Is there a cost to this google groups setup? How does Ecunet maintain it’s existence?

Tim Bonney
Tbo...@ecunet.org

Timothy Bonney

Sep 19, 2018, 6:09:16 PM9/19/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I already knew we had moved to Google some years ago but I just figured we had to pay something.

The Iowa Annual Conference UMC uses Google apps and gives each clergy person a conference email address through Google and I know that there is a cost to that.

Tim Bonney, Lead Pastor
First UMC
Indianola, Iowa

Val Perrins - Ecunet

Sep 20, 2018, 2:25:27 AM9/20/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
It’s considered a non-profit - subsidiary, perhaps?

On Sep 19, 2018, at 5:58 PM, Timothy Bonney <tbo...@ecunet.org> wrote:

So Google isn’t charging for it? That’s a little surprising. But, I’m not going to argue with it. :-)

---
Val

Ray Sipe

Sep 20, 2018, 1:26:05 PM9/20/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I have not used the groups much as there has been very little traffic, but this is my primary email address for anything outside of my congregation - works great!

Ray

Barry Creech

Sep 26, 2018, 10:20:37 PM9/26/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I think it is paid the way Google pays for everything, by gathering
intelligence on what you like and then selling you ads.

It is interesting that we've lived in the shadows here for so long and
many are still connected.

George Conklin

Sep 26, 2018, 11:04:29 PM9/26/18
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Ah, walking down nostalgia lane. We had an
amazing time - near the forward edge of
hardware, theology and ministry - and I
treasure your voices and images which come to mind as I read the text.

I wonder about a nostalgia group site. I just
about never throw image files away, and still
have cartons of Kodachromes from way back. Years
ago I bought a Nikon Coolscan 5000, with a stack
loader. On quiet days I throw another 50 in the loader and say GO.

Curious thing, the Nikon only does negative and
positive color gracefully. Their engenieers must have had a B&W phobia.

Local camera club suggested VueScan software. It
makes the olde Nikon a delight to use. Awesome resolution available.

George

At 07:20 PM 9/26/2018, you wrote:
>I think it is paid the way Google pays for
>everything, by gathering intelligence on what
>you like and then selling you ads.
>
>It is interesting that we've lived in the
>shadows here for so long and many are still connected.
>
>On 9/19/2018 3:46 PM, Timothy Bonney wrote:
>>It has been a long time since I logged into
>>Ecunet. Is there a cost to this google groups
>>setup? How does Ecunet maintain it’s existence?
>>
>>Tim Bonney
>>Tbo...@ecunet.org

David Moon-Wainwright

May 8, 2024, 6:05:43 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Is anyone out there? Am I alone here? I don’t think I need to start a conversation, just wondering who all is still here…

Peace & Love of Christ,

David Moon-Wainwright

Virginia Child

May 8, 2024, 6:11:25 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I’m still here, still doing interim pastoring in the UCC. Right now, serving a church outside Worcester MA.

Virginai

Virginia Child

David Moon-Wainwright

May 8, 2024, 6:19:56 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
God bless you Virginia! Nice to see a familiar name!

I’m in Lakeport CA serving a federated Disciples, PCUSA, UMC parish.

Be well, David

George Huggins

May 8, 2024, 6:29:05 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Wow.  Yeah, good to know…

And “presbynet.org” just isn’t quite the same as “PCUSA.org”.  It was a great brand.  I was often asked what PCUSA was.  Now, people have a tough time spelling “presbynet”

See ya ‘round the Kingdom!

                                THE PEACE OF OUR LORD BE WITH YOU!
George T. Huggins
george_...@presbynet.org  OR  george_...@ecunet.org
505-463-2581
84 Federal RD, Parsonsfield ME 04047-6224

Ladd Bjorneby

May 8, 2024, 7:43:54 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I’m still here, retired but in my ninth year of serving on the Board of Directors of Luther Seminary.  I’m flying there as I type this.  These are really challenging but creative days for a mainline seminary.  The leadership team, deans and vice presidents, now include Episcopal, American Baptist, and United Methodist folks and the faculty includes PCUSA and Roman Catholic folks as well.  Our Coptic nun teaching early church history has retired.

Luther has over twice as many people using our online resources as there are members in our ELCA.  Working Preacher and Enter the Bible, Faith Lead, take a look if you haven’t before.

Ladd Bjorneby

Sent from Gmail Mobile

V Perrins

May 8, 2024, 8:15:00 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I’m still in Ecunet, such as it is. Don’t see much from there. I’m still connected with Ecunet people on different platforms.

Val Perrins

Sent from my phone

Peter Michaelson

May 8, 2024, 8:57:39 PMMay 8
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Yo!  Me too.

--
Peter Michaelson 😊
from Warwick, RI

DrP Morgan

May 9, 2024, 12:22:54 AMMay 9
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Am still here—- living the life of a retired pastor

Pam Morgan
Sent from Pam’s iPad Pro 2022

DrP Morgan

May 9, 2024, 12:27:25 AMMay 9
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Still around—- am retired now

Sent from Pam’s iPad Pro 2022

On May 8, 2024, at 8:41 PM, George Huggins <george_...@ecunet.org> wrote:

Wow.  Yeah, good to know…

George Conklin

May 9, 2024, 1:51:15 AMMay 9
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Ecunet was a trail blazing bit of communication. When it was named  it reflected the dream of many in an emerging communicators

George (still in Berkeleuy)

At 05:57 PM 5/8/2024, you wrote:
Yo!  Me too.

--Â
Peter Michaelson 😊
from Warwick, RI
401.780.9618

On May 8, 2024, at 6:06 PM, David Moon-Wainwright <pasto...@ecunet.org > wrote:

Is anyone out there? Am I alone here? I don’t think I need to start a conversation, just wondering who all is still here…

Ray Kerley

May 9, 2024, 11:41:14 AMMay 9
to welcom...@ecunet.org
I'm here, as well. Not much activity any more. I retired from the pastorate six years ago, but continue to work for the Federal government even though I will turn 75 the end of this month.
Rev. Ray Kerley
5745 South 700 West
Murray, UT 84123
Phone: 801/269-8827
Cellular: 801/243-6895

IMPORTANT: This is to inform you that no trees were killed in the sending of this message and that only 100% recycled electrons were used. Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all thou knowest." Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.