First new post

Ann Brizendine

Sep 13, 2010, 12:15:34 PM9/13/10
to Welcome
OK all. I made it in the new system with my second try. Problem is
finding things. I don't seem to be very good at that yet.

Are personal notes that were/are sent to old address gone?

Can I get to the group from google.com? I'll try that next time.

ann

Joyce Heintz

Sep 13, 2010, 2:36:25 PM9/13/10
to Welcome, Ann Brizendine
Welcome, Ann. As a relative un-techie, I can say it's definitely
getting easier to navigate around the site, and I still have lots to
learn. In the meantime - Be patient.

As for personal notes to ecunet.org - they're still there until we
make the official transfer to the new site. After that, I believe
they're gone. In fact, when I get a reply from someone on the new
ecunet meetings, it comes to the meeting site AND to my old ecunet
inbox.

I'm the wrong person to answer the question about google.com to
ecunet, but I know I've seen the answer somewhere. Others have asked
the same question.

I'll bet someone else will fill in the blanks. Joyce

Elsa Clark

Sep 13, 2010, 3:55:19 PM9/13/10
to Welcome, Ann Brizendine
Ann, I'll do the best I can in answering, but you may have to go to
the Help group or use the "Get Help" button on the log in page,
especially for your last question.

First, I'm glad you gave it a second try and made it. I think you'll
find some new features that are quite appealing. Now to your
questions.

On the log in page there is a "browse all" button that lists all the
groups we have at this point.

Second, any personal or meeting notes from the old system you want to
keep you will have to locate and copy to a file in your computer. One
of the things we had to sacrifice in finding a new host was bringing
all the data with us. It's like moving from a parsonage to an
apartment. A lot of stuff has to go, and some of it, unfortunately,
perhaps things we'd like to keep.

The one about getting here from Google.com you'll have to ask someone
with more tech knowledge than I have.

In any case, welcome again, and have fun exploring our new home.
Elsa

Ann Brizendine

Sep 22, 2010, 11:14:08 AM9/22/10
to Welcome, Elsa Clark, Ann Brizendine
OK Elsa - I'm making some progress, but I'm sure - like cleaning out
to move, one Christmas eve I'm going to go looking for an old story
that you told. I'll need it - but it will be gone. It's always like
that - you don't know what you need - til you need it.
ann
> > ann- Hide quoted text -

Elsa Clark

Sep 22, 2010, 3:39:14 PM9/22/10
to Welcome, Ann Brizendine, Elsa Clark
Oh believe me, I know only too well. It seems like every time I
dispose of something I wind up needing it later. I moved back to Md.
from Pa. in Nov. and gave up about half of my stuff. I'm still
grieving for some of that, and now I'm looking at moving to a senior
apt which will have less space and you know what that means. Leaving
the old Ecunet is going to be just like that. I've been trying to
copy important old notes from Lutheran Lurkers into a computer file,
but with as many as there are I know I'm never going to find all the
ones I want. (I never appreciated how important putting a clear
subject heading on a note is until now either)
Elsa