How many moved

Ann Brizendine

Oct 7, 2010, 11:03:37 AM10/7/10
to Welcome
It seems we have very low usage. how many moved to the new format? I
tried to get a couple of discussions going last week, but it seemed
very dead.

ann

Robert Moore

Oct 7, 2010, 11:16:15 AM10/7/10
to Welcome, Ann Brizendine
This is the largest public group with just over 100 members. The
largest private group is about 180. Those who manage the entire site
would have to answer how many individual members there are.

I know there are still people who are trying to get used to the
system. Because I invited people to join the PC Users group from this
group, I've gotten several questions about how to join groups. So
people are still getting used to the new system. I think it will
gradually grow - as people get used to it and as we invite new people
to join.

I'm very glad Ecunet made the move - and in fact have been much more
active in Ecunet since October 1st and the move. Thanks again to
EVERYONE who volunteered their time and patience to make this happen.

+ Peace +

Rob
www.briarwoodretreat.org

Valerie Perrins

Oct 7, 2010, 7:47:30 PM10/7/10
to welcom...@ecunet.org
Ann,

I think we need to give it time.  We also need to contact people we knew were on the old system and haven't joined, if we have other addresses for them.

--
Val

Ann Brizendine

Oct 11, 2010, 11:22:54 AM10/11/10
to Welcome, Valerie Perrins
I'll try to help us along Val. I have a sort of scattered schedule
these days and I my logging on is not as regular as it once was.
ann
> *Val*

Elsa Clark

Oct 12, 2010, 9:21:51 AM10/12/10
to Welcome, Ann Brizendine, Valerie Perrins
I was just thinking asking this. I've forgotten how many there are of
us, but even just judging from the numbers of people in groups I've
either begun or joined we have enough people to be discussing
subjects. Discussions were poorly participated in in the last months
of the old Ecunet. I can't figure out whether it is that continuing
or that people are still getting used to the system or something
else. Maybe one approach would be to put the question out in groups
to which you belong or even send private queries to those in the group
that you know. But, whatever we do, please, please, keep trying.
Ecunet is too valuable to give up on.
Elsa

Earl Arnold

Oct 12, 2010, 5:55:29 PM10/12/10
to Welcome
We have at least 375 folks who have "registered" with the new ECUNET,
so we have a good pool of folks.
My suspicion is that a lot of them are like me, only occasionally
contributing to a group conversation.
Probably the group moderators will need to make extra effort, to keep
conversation going.

Should we start a conversation on the Moderators group?

Earl Arnold
East Syracuse, NY

On Oct 12, 9:21 am, Elsa Clark <elsa_...@ecunet.org> wrote:

> I was just thinking asking this.  I've forgotten how many there are of
> us, but even just judging from the numbers of people in groups I've
> either begun or joined we have enough people to be discussing
> subjects.  Discussions were poorly participated in in the last months
> of the old Ecunet.  I can't figure out whether it is that continuing
> or that people are still getting used to the system or something
> else.  Maybe one approach would be to put the question out in groups
> to which you belong or even send private queries to those in the group
> that you know.  But, whatever we do, please, please, keep trying.
> Ecunet is too valuable to give up on.
> Elsa

Carolyn Lewis

Oct 12, 2010, 5:33:21 PM10/12/10
to Elsa Clark, Welcome, Ann Brizendine, Valerie Perrins
I am enjoying the new Ecunet. Of course, it helps that we have a new
computer and, for the first time, a high speed connection at our place here
in Maryland where we spend most of our time.

Carolyn

Oct 12, 2010, 8:03:19 PM10/12/10
to Welcome, Earl Arnold
I'd be glad to have you bring it up, Earl.
Elsa