Settings for Ecunet Mail on Android 4.2.2

Ray Kibler III

May 28, 2014, 6:22:32 PM5/28/14
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org
Greetings, all!  I cannot get Ecunet Mail to sync with Android 4.2.2 on a tablet.  I receive the error message that the server has timed out and is not responding.  Every e-mail client that I try to use does detect Ecunet settings, but I wonder if these are incorrect even though they are default.  I need to use a client that will allow me to download e-mail and then to work offline whenever I am away from an Internet signal, so accessing mail on the Ecunet web site will not work for me.

Is Ecunet Mail compatible with Android 4.2.2?

If so, is there a FAQ sheet that lists the settings to be entered manually?  (I can't find this on the Ecunet web site.)

Please help!

May God bless you today!  --Ray

Ray F. Kibler III, Ph.D., D.Min. + ray.kib...@ecunet.org + phone: 909.596.5086
Ecumenical (Faith and Order movement) Contributor
Independent Scholar in Church History and Ecumenical Studies
former Lutheran Intentional Interim Pastor, now on continuing medical disability
address: 4249 La Junta Drive + Claremont, California 91711-2351

Paul Edison-Swift

May 28, 2014, 9:32:58 PM5/28/14
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org

I sent instructions to Ray. If you have 1st-hand experience with configuring email on an Android tablet, please send any hints to Ray directly.

Thanks, Paul

Ray F. Kibler III

R E LANGFORD JR

May 29, 2014, 11:02:58 AM5/29/14
to Ecunet Help
Hi Paul: Froeliche Himmelfahrt Tag, Easter Week #6!
Sorry, but this old geezer has studiously subscribed to the perception that my time is my own. I am NOT available to every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane who is beguiled into thinking I cannot wait to hear their voice or read their messages so that I'd die if I missed their idea of some trivial importance. Our household does not have any "hand held telephone" or other portable or mobile devices (save for my braces which keep my trousers up and me decent).

Picture
Rejoice this Froeliche Himmelfahrt Tag in Messiah's promise to return quickly!
The Rev'd R E LANGFORD JR, FAPC, ELCA pastor ! retired ! in glorious, downtown, historic Charlestown, Maryland @ the confluence of the North East River with the Chesapeake Bay
39.58°N by 75.98°W
My clarity of conscience and my purity of heart are undisputed
evidence that my memory is failing me.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸..·´¯`·...¸ ><(((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.· ><((º>

Val Perrins

May 29, 2014, 1:40:00 PM5/29/14
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org

On May 29, 2014, at 11:02 AM, R E LANGFORD JR <r_e_lan...@ecunet.org> wrote:

Sorry, but this old geezer has studiously subscribed to the perception that my time is my own. I am NOT available to every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane who is beguiled into thinking I cannot wait to hear their voice or read their messages so that I'd die if I missed their idea of some trivial importance.

Well, I have an iPod Touch (not a phone) and am on Facebook, but I am far from having all these gadgets.  I still find that having my appointments on my wall calendar and in my purse planner suites me.  When I read some of the posts on The Macintosh, my head spins, but I am glad that the people who know stuff are there to help me when I have some little (big to me) problem!

To each his/her own!
---
Val