installing Ecunet e-mail on Android 5.1.1?

Ray Kibler III

Feb 5, 2018, 1:16:07 AM2/5/18
to Ecunet Help
Greetings!  Would any of you know how to install a Ecunet e-mail account on the e-mail client that comes on a device operating on Android 5.1.1?

All of a sudden, Google blocked me from sending messages from my Ecunet e-mail and four Gmail (domain name) accounts on my Android smart phone and tablet.  I suspect that Google increased its security precautions.  (No Gmail accounts will run on my tablet that runs on Android 4.2.2.)  I can still access mail using the Gmail client on my devices, but I prefer to use the default generic client.

I must be able to work offline as often I am away from a signal.

I have changed my password and reinstalled my Ecunet e-mail account in Thunderbird on my laptops.  But these are too heavy for me to carry for long times away from home.  Many times now, I have followed Google's instructions at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en&ctx=mail&visit_id=1-636534075109200873-677595190&rd=3 for configuring other e-mail clients, but these do not work.

Should I contact Google directly?  If so, who at Google would I contact?  Or have any of you solved this problem and can tell me what I need to do?

I'm pretty desperate now, and will appreciate all the suggestions anyone can provide.

May God bless you today!  Cordially, Ray

Ray F. Kibler III, Ph.D., D.Min. + ray.kib...@ecunet.org + phone: 909.596.5086
Ecumenical (Faith and Order movement) contributor
Scholar of the History of Christianity and of Ecumenical Theology and History
address: 4249 La Junta Drive + Claremont, California 91711-2351

Paul Edison-Swift

Feb 5, 2018, 9:43:08 AM2/5/18
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org

Hi Ray, since your Ecunet email account is a Gmail account, I suggest using the Gmail for Android app on your phone and tablet. Ecunet accounts are actually G Suite accounts. You should be able to set that up on your phone and tablet by following these instructions:

https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/1738362?hl=en

We do not require two-factor authentication and we don’t require device approval by an admin.

Send me a note (paul.edi...@elca.org) if you get any specific error messages while trying to install and use the Gmail app with your Ecunet account.

Warm regards, Paul

Paul Edison-Swift
Business Systems Analyst
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
8765 W Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL  60631-4101
Phone:
800-638-3522 ext 2946
paul.edi...@elca.org
ELCA.org

Paul Edison-Swift

Feb 5, 2018, 9:59:51 AM2/5/18
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org

And if you really don’t like the Gmail app Ray, there are quite a few free email apps out there. I use Outlook. If you’ve installed your Ecunet account on your phone using the instructions below, Outlook will find that account and install it for you.