Possible to have preprint server as journal when export as RIS?

Sarah McGill

May 18, 2023, 3:16:28 AM5/18/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum
Hi there, is it possible to have the preprint server source (e.g. medrxiv) go into the journal field when using the RIS format for exporting citations, and have the citation show as a Journal publication type rather than Generic?

Right now it's going into the Publisher field. When I download preprints from other sources, they tend to use journal, so Europe PMC is the one I am having to adjust later in Endnote.

You don't have to take my word for it -- the NLM librarians would be a good resource for updating the RIS format, as they have it well set up for PMC records in general.

Thanks!
Sarah

Mohamed Selim

May 18, 2023, 6:46:58 AM5/18/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, sarahm...@gmail.com
Hi Sara, Thanks for your message. We have received similar requests before and we are looking into it. Is there any suggestions or questions you have?
Looking forward to your reply.
Kind Regards,
Mohamed