Missing "availability" field in the "fullTextUrlList" for a record

Darran Higgins

Sep 11, 2023, 10:32:45 AM9/11/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum
Hi,
We been trying to import publications using the api and have noticed that the "availability" field in the "fullTextUrlList" object of the workrecord is now missing for some records. Is this the expected behavior or should there always be a value for this field?

An example can be found by searching using the following url: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/europepmc/webservices/rest/search?query=PPR453618&resulttype=core

The fullTextUrl entry for "Unpaywall" does not have an "availability" value while the other three fullTextUrl entries for that record do.

many thanks
Darran

Madhumiethaa Jayaprabha Palanisamy

Sep 11, 2023, 11:30:55 AM9/11/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, darran....@symplectic.co.uk
Hi Darran,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We recently added Unpaywall to the fullTextUrlList in the API and it appears that the 'availability' field was inadvertently omitted, but please rest assured that it will always be included in the API. We will rectify this oversight as soon as possible and keep you updated once the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,
Madhu

Darran Higgins

Sep 12, 2023, 4:33:07 AM9/12/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, mad...@ebi.ac.uk, Darran Higgins
thanks Madhu

best wishes,
Darran

Europe PMC Developer Forum

Sep 19, 2023, 10:46:21 AM9/19/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, darran....@symplectic.co.uk, Madhumiethaa Jayaprabha Palanisamy
Hi Darran,

The "availability" field in the "fullTextUrlList" object is now available for the Unpaywall links which was missing before.
Sorry for the inconvenience again.

Kind regards,
Madhu

Europe PMC Developer Forum

Sep 19, 2023, 12:24:44 PM9/19/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, Europe PMC Developer Forum, Europe PMC Developer Forum
Hi Madhu,
thanks for the update

best wishes
Darran