articles with 404 error with fullTextXML retrieval via API but viewable

Brandon Seah

Dec 5, 2023, 11:05:25 AM12/5/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum
Hello,

I'm encountering 404 errors when retrieving article full texts via the fullTextXML module of the REST API by their pmcid. Some examples:

PMC10370730
PMC10415769
PMC10410381
PMC4785345

The records have flags "isOpenAccess" and "inEPMC" both set to "Y" so I expected that they would be accessible. This affected about 1% of query results that I was trying to retrieve full texts for.

I don't think this is related to an earlier reported issue (https://groups.google.com/a/ebi.ac.uk/g/epmc-webservices/c/_BJxvSMUA2Q), because I can still retrieve the full texts when browsing the webpage, e.g. https://europepmc.org/article/MED/36847262

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks, and best regards,
Brandon Seah

Islam Hassan

Dec 5, 2023, 2:03:35 PM12/5/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, kb....@gmail.com
 Hi Brandon,

We are currently looking into the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Your sincerely,
Islam Hassan