Sciety LabsLink not updated since 10 Aug

Daniel Ecer

Aug 15, 2023, 9:11:46 AM8/15/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum
Hi,

We have updated our LabsLinks on 10 Aug (we actually update every day but that is when we fixed some issues).
But they don't seem to have been reflected in EuropePMC yet.

For example:
10.1101/2023.06.06.543915 should have a Sciety link.
10.1101/055574 should no longer have a Sciety link.

Thank you
Daniel

David Stephenson

Aug 16, 2023, 6:05:29 AM8/16/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, d.e...@elifesciences.org
Hi Daniel,

Apologies, we had some problems with our external links loading jobs earlier in the week. We are currently doing some system maintenance, but will check the external links processes when the work is complete on Friday.

Best regards,
David
Message has been deleted

Daniel Ecer

Aug 23, 2023, 4:24:32 AM8/23/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, dav...@ebi.ac.uk, Daniel Ecer
Hi David,

Thank you for getting back on this.
The external links on the two articles haven't been updated yet.
Are you still looking into it?

Thank you
Daniel

David Stephenson

Aug 24, 2023, 8:26:08 AM8/24/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, d.e...@elifesciences.org, David Stephenson
Hi Daniel,

We have looked into this, and it seems part of the issue was caused by the fact that we ingest pubmed preprints at a database level, but suppress them from SOLR. However, this had the side effect that in some cases the external links loading (using DOI) was matching to the pubmed record instead. We have now given precedence to PPR records which should hopefully solve the issue.

Another confounding factor in the short term is that we are about to commence a full reindex, which may take some time before all records are up to date.

You could check a range of records now to see if they work, but the picture may not be perfectly clear until the full reindexing is complete. It's difficult to give a timescale for this, but hopefully later next week.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
David

David Stephenson

Sep 8, 2023, 11:00:51 AM9/8/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, David Stephenson, d.e...@elifesciences.org
Hi Daniel,

Our reindexing is now complete. I have checked your two examples, and they now appear to be correct on Europe PMC.

Are you able to confirm this is the case?

Best,
David

Daniel Ecer

Sep 11, 2023, 10:06:08 AM9/11/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, dav...@ebi.ac.uk, Daniel Ecer
Hi David,

Thank you for looking into it. (I can't see my response I sent via email)

Yes, I can confirm the two examples are now correct.

Another example that was noticed is 10.1101/2023.04.12.536585 which should have a Sciety link.
I checked the XML file on the FTP server and it does contain an entry for it. I would expect it having been in the XML since around 22 May.

I have now also crosschecked the articles returned via the EuropePMC search. And there are around 2k articles missing, out of around 30k.
Most of them are otherwise available within EuropePMC.

Do you have any idea, why that might be the case?

Thank you
Daniel

David Stephenson

Sep 11, 2023, 10:39:31 AM9/11/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, d.e...@elifesciences.org, David Stephenson
HI Daniel,

Is it easy for you to send us the DOIs for the missing links? We can then look into the specific examples

The issue may be related to the previous problem of some DOI links matching to suppressed PubMed records.

Apologies,
David

Daniel Ecer

Oct 17, 2023, 4:26:03 AM10/17/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, dav...@ebi.ac.uk, Daniel Ecer
Hi David,

I was wondering whether you have any update on the issue?
I can see now that Sciety evaluations are displayed on the article, sourced from the DocMaps.
But the Sciety DocMaps isn't including all of the groups yet and I believe there isn't a filter to only select evaluations on Sciety.

This correctly includes 10.1101/2023.06.06.543915.
But 10.1101/2023.04.12.536585 is still missing from the search result.

Thank you
Daniel

Mohamed Selim

Oct 17, 2023, 5:47:53 AM10/17/23
to Europe PMC Developer Forum, d.e...@elifesciences.org, David Stephenson

Hi Daniel,

The article with doi 10.1101/2023.04.12.536585 was out of sync, please check again now and let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Mohamed