Email subject: SZ4D is hiring: SZNet Project Coordinator
Position: SZNet Project Coordinator
Join the SZ4D Team and our mission to support global, integrated, community-driven subduction zone science!
SZ4D is hiring a Project Coordinator for SZNet, the newly NSF-funded grant to support international efforts to understand subduction geohazards. SZ4D (Subduction Zones in Four Dimensions) is a community-driven initiative for a long-term, interdisciplinary research program to understand the limits and possibilities of predicting subduction zone geohazards (www.sz4d.org
). SZ4D brings together a diverse community of US-based and international scientists from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds who study earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and surface processes. SZ4D is funded by the National Science Foundation and is hosted by the Earth & Planetary Sciences program at UC Santa Cruz. SZNet will collaborate with 14 scientific networks spanning 5 continents, emphasizing operations in Chile which hosts one of the world’s most geologically active and accessible subduction zones.
The SZNet Project Coordinator will play a pivotal role in leading SZNet efforts by coordinating project activities, disseminating general information, and fostering connectivity among the participating networks.
* Core responsibilities for this position include
- Coordination: Coordinate SZNet events, ranging from conference calls and webinars to in-person large workshops and field studies in the US and Chile.
- Communication: Disseminate SZNet findings, foster engagement across diverse networks and broad audiences via email campaigns, newsletters, and web content.
- Evaluation: Oversee progress assessment through surveys, metrics, and annual reports; provide recommendations for improvement to the Program Manager.
- Finance & Human Resources: Manage financial and HR tasks related to SZNet, serving as the primary point of contact for related issues.
* Appointment Details
- Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
- Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
- Salary: ~$65K-$70K per year
- Benefits: Full benefits package
- Occasional travel: domestic and international
* Learn More
- —— —— —— —— -
Anaïs Férot, PhD
SZ4D Program Manager
UC Santa Cruz
Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences
in Eugene, OR: Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people