Special Issue "Challenges in seismology to our understanding of volcanic islands and their magmatic unrest"

João Fontiela

Jan 23, 2023, 12:30:18 PM1/23/23
to EarthScope General

Dear Colleagues,

Let you know that submission to the special issue in “Challenges in seismology to our understanding of volcanic islands and their magmatic unrest” in Solid Earth Geophysics is still open.

Considering the enormous diversity of interactions in volcanic islands, occurring from the crust to the deep mantle, this Research Topic aims to gather a wide range of seismic studies in volcanic islands including, but not limited to:

  • seismo-volcanic monitoring and tracking of magma movement;

 • machine learning detection and classification of volcanic earthquakes;

 • characterization and location of volcanic tremor;

 • 3D and 4D seismic imaging, including attenuation tomography;

 • monitoring using seismic ambient noise;

 • temporal variations in fast shear-wave polarisation;

 • active and passive source studies to characterize flank instability and landslides;

 • induced and triggered seismicity in geothermal systems;

 We accept original research articles, methods articles presenting either a new or established method of significant interest in this Research Topic, and review or mini-review articles focused on aspects of the investigation and recent developments in this scientific area.

Further details: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/44344/challenges-in-seismology-to-our-understanding-of-volcanic-islands-and-their-magmatic-unrest

Yours,

João Fontiela