Seeking new members for the EarthScope PI Instrumentation Advisory Committee

Samantha Hansen

Jul 1, 2024, 3:06:07 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to earthscop...@earthscope.org

Hello EarthScope Community!

Two members of the PI Instrumentation Advisory Committee (PIIAC), Drs. Heather Ford and Demián Gómez, will be rotating off the committee at the end of the year.  We thank both of them for their service.  With their departure, we are soliciting nominations for new members, who will each serve a three-year term.  All are welcome to self-nominate and/or nominate a colleague.  For the current solicitation, we are particularly interested in:

  • Early career scientists (i.e., Assistant level professors or equivalent),
  • Scientists focused on near-surface geophysics,
  • Scientists with DAS experience (particularly in terms of hardware), and/or
  • Seismologists and Geodesists interested in project instrumentation and new technology.

That said, even if you or a colleague do not fit some of the above criteria, please feel free to still complete the nomination form as we’ll be compiling submitted details into a database for future membership consideration.

The nomination form can be accessed hereDecisions on new membership for 2025 will be made in the coming months.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the PIIAC Chair, Samantha Hansen (sha...@geo.ua.edu).

Thank you for your consideration!

EarthScope PIIAC Members