2024 GSA special session: interdisciplinary Insights into Fault Zone Properties and Faulting Processes

Chen, Ting

Jun 14, 2024, 10:13:23 AMJun 14
to earthscop...@earthscope.org

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to a special session hosted by GSA’s Geophysics & Geodynamics Division T61. Woollard Session: interdisciplinary Insights into Fault Zone Properties and Faulting Processes at the 2024 GSA Annual Meeting in Anaheim, California, USA on 22-25 September 2024.

Understanding fault zone properties and faulting processes is important for advancing our knowledge of the Earth's structure, earthquake physics, tectonic history, resource exploration, and fluid movement. This session aims to bring together researchers from diverse fields to facilitate discussions of the interdisciplinary observations and modeling approaches that inform our understanding of faults. We welcome contributions from observations, experiments, theory, and numerical modeling that aim at characterizing fault zones and faulting processes from micro to tectonic scales. Submissions are encouraged from a broad range of disciplines including, but not limited to, geophysics, geomechanics, structural geology, tectonics, geochemistry, hydrogeology, and rock physics.

Invited speakers: Nadia Lapusta (Caltech), James Dolan (USC)

Please submit your abstract here. The abstract submission deadline is 11:59pm PDT Tuesday, June 18, 2024.

Best,

Anjana Shah

Shannon Dulin

Amanda Hughes