Upcoming search for EarthScope Consortium CEO

瀏覽次數:9 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Lara Wagner

未讀,
2023年1月13日 中午12:43:132023/1/13
收件者:earthscop...@earthscope.org

Dear colleague,

On January 1, 2023, the EarthScope Consortium was officially launched following the completion of the merger between the Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (IRIS) and UNAVCO. The EarthScope Board of Directors met for the first time on Friday, January 6 2023, and identified as a top priority the search for a permanent Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the EarthScope Consortium, as agreed upon by IRIS and UNAVCO during the pre-merger negotiations.  The Board is currently developing a search process that ensures we capture the best candidate for the position and reduces bias in the interview process. We have engaged with a third-party consulting firm specialized in the non-profit sector, La Piana Consulting, for guidance. La Piana Consulting has a long-standing relationship with IRIS and UNAVCO dating back to 2019, and has assisted with pre-merger negotiations, merger implementation, and the May 2022 Governance Workshop.

Details about the search, including a position description and job announcement with details on how to apply, will be announced within the next few weeks. Please feel free to share this notice with anyone potentially interested in this position. This position is open to external applicants as well as to current staff. We are conducting a wide search to make sure we select the best person for the role.

The EarthScope Consortium is currently led by Interim CEO and former UNAVCO President Becks Bendick. Former IRIS President Bob Woodward continues in a leadership role as Interim Chief Operating Officer. The Board has full confidence in their ability to continue to lead the EarthScope Consortium and operate the SAGE and GAGE facilities while the search is underway.

Sincerely,

The EarthScope Consortium Board of Directors

Lara Wagner (Chair)

Gareth Funning (Vice Chair & Chair Elect)

Leigh Stearns (Secretary)

Brandon Schmandt (Treasurer)

Kristel Chanard

Zachary Eilon