Seismica journal recruiting handling editors and others

Hannah Mark

May 26, 2024, 12:29:24 PMMay 26
to earthscop...@earthscope.org

Seismica is the first Diamond Open Access Journal for seismology, earthquake science, and related disciplines. Launched in July 2022, the journal was created by a community of volunteers from all over the world. Seismica strives to be accessible, transparent, respectful, credible, and progressive.

Following a higher-than-expected rate of submissions, we are recruiting new members to join the Seismica Editorial Board for a 3-year commitment, beginning in 2024. We seek people who share Seismica’s key values and will commit to working towards a globally representative, researcher-run journal that actively supports diversity, equity, and inclusion in seismology and earthquake science. As a not-for-profit independent journal, all positions at Seismica are volunteer roles. We are recruiting for handling editors in a variety of specialties, media & branding team members, and copy/layout editors. More details on these roles can be found on the Seismica website.

We invite anyone interested to apply by 7 June 2024 to join the Seismica initiative by filling out this application form. Spread the word!

Interested candidates should feel free to contact randolph.williams[at]seismica.org with any questions.

--
Hannah Mark | she/her
Postdoctoral Investigator, WHOI