AGU Session S013: Earthquake Monitoring and Beyond

Barnhart, William D

Jun 24, 2024, 3:34:48 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to earthscop...@earthscope.org

Dear EarthScope Community,

Please consider submitting an AGU abstract to session S013: Earthquake Monitoring and Beyond

https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/225564

Earthquake monitoring is essential to earthquake, tsunami, and volcano hazard mitigation and emergency response. The data and data products collected and produced by local, regional, and global seismic and geodetic networks underpin earthquake response efforts, hazard analysis, and an expansive range of scientific research.  In this session, we highlight the advances and challenges of monitoring and look to developments that improve networks’ ability to fulfill their missions. This session aims to foster collaboration between network operators, inform the wider earthquake monitoring community of the challenges within network seismology and geodesy, and highlight new developments in capabilities (e.g., advances in seismic and geodetic instrumentation and real-time monitoring workflows). We also encourage submissions describing new techniques (e.g., machine learning and artificial intelligence) that would benefit network operations in a near real-time environment.

Conveners:

William Yeck (USGS)

Yongsoo Park (LANL)

Kyren Bogolub (NSL)