Magnitude 6.3 Afghanistan (corrected link)

Tammy Bravo

Oct 12, 2023, 10:56:01 AM10/12/23
to Earthquakes
My deepest apologies, I have corrected the link for the most recent presentation below.

Another magnitude 6.3 earthquake has occurred in Afghanistan. Early reports indicate an additional death has been recorded along with 120 injuries. Fewer people were injured because many have been sleeping in tents fearful as the aftershocks have continued. More structures in the region were damaged in this earthquake which additionally triggered a landslide that blocked the main Herat-Towrgondi highway.

We have updated our presentation which can be downloaded from:

Teachable Moments are a service of the EarthScope Consortium and the University of Portland.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us!