AGU 2023 - S019, Innovations and Applications in Fiber-Optic Sensing

Daniel Bowden

Jul 24, 2023, 10:04:13 AM7/24/23
to DAS Community
Hello everyone,

We welcome submissions to a session that will be hosted at the AGU General Meeting 2023, titled “S019. Innovations and Applications in Fiber-Optic Sensing”.

This is meant to complement (and not compete with) the monitoring-focused DAS session, S020, announced by Eli Baker, Rob Porritt, et. al.

We especially invite broad applications of different fiber-optic sensors, including DAS but also transmission fiber-optics. This might include, but is not limited to, applications in volcanic, glacial, borehole, submarine and urban environments, as well as applications that focus on the development of state-of-the-art methods to explore fiber-optic data. We encourage research focusing on seismic hazard, modeling, tomography, machine learning and other innovations. See you in December!

Sara Klaasen, ETH
Krystyna Smolinski, ETH
Manuel Mendoza, CIRES CU Boulder
Daniel C Bowden, ETH