Postdoc opportunity @ Caltech

Zhongwen Zhan

Sep 22, 2023, 11:10:17 AM9/22/23
to DAS Community, Zhongwen Zhan

Dear DAS community,

I am looking for a postdoc. Please help spread the word. Thanks a lot!

-----

Zhongwen Zhan’s group at the Caltech Seismological Laboratory is seeking a postdoc to work on fiber seismic sensing (e.g., DAS, polarization). The focus of the position will be using the rapidly growing fiber sensing datasets to answer important science questions, broadly defined (e.g., earthquake physics, seismic structure and its temporal changes, tsunami). Interests in applying fiber sensing to new frontiers (e.g., oceanography, volcanology, hydrology, glaciology) are encouraged. We are also interested in candidates who can develop innovative and scalable algorithms to process continuous DAS data streams.

Prior experience with fiber sensing is NOT required. A PhD in geophysics or a related area at the time of appointment is required. The initial appointment is for one year with an option to extend to two years.

Applicants should send a current curriculum vita, a research statement (including current research and research interests if joining our group), and the names of three references to Sheila Young <Sheila...@caltech.edu>. Applications received by Nov 15, 2023 will be considered fully.

--

Zhongwen Zhan

Professor of Geophysics

Seismological Laboratory