Two Environmental Seismology/DAS PhDs at University of Leeds

Adam Booth

Oct 31, 2023, 4:34:23 PM10/31/23
to das-co...@earthscope.org
Hi everyone,

If you know of anyone who is interested in doing a geophysics PhD, I'd be grateful if you could pass on word of two projects here in the University of Leeds' School of Earth and Environment. They're under the general banner of Environmental Seismology, and both part of Leeds' PANORAMA DTP.

1. Antarctic Seismology: Analysis of 3D nodal data from the shear margins of Antarctica's Thwaites Glacier. A project for someone experienced with reflection seismology methods, and may include a DAS reflection line too? Working with me, Emma Smith and Roger Clark.

2. Environmental Distributed Sensing: monitoring the climate resilience of vulnerable infrastructure with nodal seismic / DAS / DSS technologies. This is a CASE project with support from AtkinsRealis and Febus Optics; you'll be working with me, Andy Nowacki, BGS's Jon Chambers and AtkinsRealis' Jim Whiteley.

These are two really exciting opportunities - please do encourage any interested candidates to get in touch, or otherwise make an application through the NERC PANORAMA DTP website.

Best regards,
Adam

​*** Please note, I am returning to work after long-term sick leave. Please do accommodate any delays in my reply to you. ***

Dr Adam Booth

Programme Leader, MSc Exploration Geophysics

Fellow of the Higher Education Academy

SEE UCU rep

School of Earth and Environment

University of Leeds