Pulsar Zone 1 Not Heating

Cole Montalvo

Aug 15, 2022, 1:04:57 PM8/15/22
to DYZE DESIGN
Has anyone else experienced problems with their Pulsar failing to heat in only one zone? We tested with known working PID controllers and even checked the signal all the way to the heating element itself. Is there a fuse or something which might need to be replaced or do we need to try and purchase a replacement heater band?

Technical Support

Aug 15, 2022, 4:12:59 PM8/15/22
to co...@oneoffrobotics.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Cole!

I suggest trying to measure the resistance at the back of the Pulsar HeatCore, where the big connector MegaFit is.

Looking at the documentation, you should be able to measure a resistance between the pins 4 and 5. If you do, the heater is fine.
Plug back the MegaFit connector, and check if you still have the same heater resistance at the other end (yellow and orange cable).
If you do, swap two SSRs to see if one isn't behaving as it should.

I hope it helps!

image.png
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 1:04 PM Cole Montalvo <co...@oneoffrobotics.com> wrote:
Has anyone else experienced problems with their Pulsar failing to heat in only one zone? We tested with known working PID controllers and even checked the signal all the way to the heating element itself. Is there a fuse or something which might need to be replaced or do we need to try and purchase a replacement heater band?

Cole Montalvo

Aug 15, 2022, 4:37:51 PM8/15/22
to Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Thanks for the quick reply!

I checked pins 4/5 and have no continuity. Pins 6/1 and 3/2 show correct resistances. I think my top heater element is damaged or broken. Is this something I can repair, or will we need to order a replacement?

Cheers,
Cole

Technical Support

Aug 16, 2022, 1:02:07 PM8/16/22
to Cole Montalvo, Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Cole,

If there is no resistance, there is something wrong with this heater.
Please contact our sales team for a RMA with your serial number.

Regards,

Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com

How satisfied are you with our service? 🙂 😐 🙁

Cole Montalvo

Aug 16, 2022, 1:26:52 PM8/16/22
to Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Thanks Phil,

Could you put me in touch with someone from the sales team so we can get this replacement process started?

Cheers,
Cole

<image.png>
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com

Technical Support

Aug 17, 2022, 10:26:00 AM8/17/22
to Cole Montalvo, Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Hello Cole,

You can directly ship us the heatcore (Address is in my signature) and we'll investigate.
I attached the RMA document you can join in the package.

Regards,

How satisfied are you with our service? 🙂 😐 🙁

RMA Report - RMA0065.pdf

Cole Montalvo

Aug 17, 2022, 2:25:37 PM8/17/22
to Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Thanks,

I've got the heating element packaged and ready to ship. Would it be possible for us to just go ahead and purchase a replacement part? Depending on cost, it may be a better option compared to the time we would lose to shipping and repair.

Cheers,
Cole

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 4:37 PM Cole Montalvo <co...@oneoffrobotics.com> wrote:
[...]

<RMA Report - RMA0065.pdf>

Xavier Geremia

Aug 18, 2022, 10:53:59 AM8/18/22
to Cole Montalvo, Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Hello Cole,

We can send you a quotation for the Pulsar replacement heater, but there's no guarantee that it will work, and we couldn't refund you if so.

Let me know,

Regards,

How satisfied are you with our service? 🙂 😐 🙁

Xavier Geremia
Sales Representative & Account Manager
Logo
t: +1 438 238-1400 #4118