Dyze Pro Motor Current Configuration and StealthChop/Spread Cycle

Kenneth Pecho

Jul 15, 2021, 6:05:23 PM7/15/21
to DYZE DESIGN
I am using 2 Dyze Extruder/End Pros on a tool changing printer and am getting some very weird/odd loud resonances noises on certain moves...generally slower moves like a gap fill... that i have pinpointed coming from the extruder/motor. I have lowered the current settings in the FW from 710 to 680...but still getting the noise

I am using a Duet 3 MB6HC w/ TMC 5160 drivers. What is the spec'd motor current for the motor that comes with the DyzeXtruder Pro....what is the rated current on the Class H Steppers?

Do you have a suggested current setting in RepRap FW for TMC 5160 drivers. What about optimal setting for StealthChop/Spread Cycle?

Technical Support

Jul 19, 2021, 8:34:23 AM7/19/21
to kjp...@gmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Kenneth!

I've seen many tickets about weird behavior with the latest Duet. It seems like the driver behaves very strangely under low current. It makes sense however, to get higher current, they need to be a little less sensitive.
Check the motor temperature, it's a very reliable way to know if there is too much current. You should see a 20°C rise, at maximum, when the motor is powered.
I've seen users with a setting as low as 450mA to get it to work nicely.

The rating is 0.9A RMS.

It is suggested to use SpreadCycle.
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon dyzedesign.com

kenneth pecho

Jul 19, 2021, 2:08:23 PM7/19/21
to Technical Support, DYZE DESIGN
Phil,

Very awesome thank u so much for your input on this!

Ill give it a try.

Thanks
Ken

Sent from my iPhone