Suggested slicer for typhoon

Behold

Dec 24, 2021, 1:16:17 AM12/24/21
to DYZE DESIGN
I am having difficulties getting a proper profile for a typhoon with a 1.2 heat cartridge. Simplify has been the closest because I can link the two heat bands.

Cura used to have an option to share the same heaters but doesnt anymore.

I am curious what others are using and would welcome any advice.

I am starting off with just normal PLA to get the hang of it but will ultimately want to use ASA or PETG.

Any sample profiles would be helpful if anyone would like to share. I want to take a look to make sure I am calculating the widths and speeds correctly.

I am starting with .8mm layer height.

Technical Support

Jan 5, 2022, 8:10:34 AM1/5/22
to Lino Stavole, DYZE DESIGN
Hi!

You can check here for "linking" the two temperatures together: https://docs.dyzedesign.com/typhoon.html#slicer-and-print-settings
You'll need to modify the "Start G-Code" to enable both. The following is an example for Slic3r / PrusaSlicer / SuperSlicer
M109 T0 S[first_layer_temperature]
M109 T1 S[first_layer_temperature]

For the printing speed, please refer to this section: https://docs.dyzedesign.com/typhoon.html#printing-speed
There are tables and formulas for many materials and nozzle sizes.

I hope it helps!
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon dyzedesign.com