DyzeXtruder/Dyzend Pro jamming

Patrick Emerick

Nov 18, 2020, 7:58:11 PM11/18/20
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi, I'm printing with 3DXTech PA6+CF, but I'm having difficulty printing some test cubes past about 5mm in height. They actually come out looking pretty smooth and consistently extruded until they suddenly fail. It seems like it may be related to the gear temperature or heat creep causing the filament to stop advancing. After stopping the print it is relatively easy to retract the filament which leads me to think it's not a gear problem. I then release the gears and pull out the filament - it does look like the filament may be swelling in the barrier tube. I read a review on the 3DXTech website about someone who was getting a lot of jams with this filament until he water cooled his hotend. My hotend heatsink is reaching ~38C when the feeding stops and the extruder motor is at ~45C. I ordered the hotend and extruder heat blocks and a PC water cooling setup, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen problems like this with Nylon. Before printing the PA6+CF I printed some 3DXTech PPE-PS beautifully without any issues.

I'm also seeing that if I manually extrude 10mm of filament, there is a delay for the filament to flow from the nozzle, then the extruder stops, but the flow continues for a while. I tried swapping out the 0.4mm nozzle for a 0.6mm nozzle, but saw the same result and a test cube print stopped at ~5mm height.

Philippe Carrier

Nov 19, 2020, 8:15:38 AM11/19/20
to DYZE DESIGN, Patrick Emerick
Strange, usually CF filaments works very nicely.

What's you current retraction speed and length?

Liquid cooling will definitely help in stabilizing the temperature. Hopefully you'll get the results you are looking for.

Printing Nylon is tricky, as it absorb moisture very quickly. Moisture will convert to vapor and expand in the polymer. That's the reason why the plastic inside your nozzle lag and ooze.