What is the best way to mount the dyzend X to a extruder system?

Puppet172 D

Apr 3, 2018, 8:20:29 PM4/3/18
to DYZE DESIGN
I am trying to mount the Dyze end X to a extuder system and i cant find a way to do it. I am mounting it to this.

If anyone has any idea how to mount this it would be greatly appreciated.

Christian T

Apr 4, 2018, 5:12:38 AM4/4/18
to DYZE DESIGN
you will mount in BOWDEN or DIRECT DRIVE type.....what king of printer you have

Karl Luhr

Apr 12, 2021, 6:58:35 PM4/12/21
to DYZE DESIGN, pic...@gmail.com
In direct-drive configuration, you'll not be mounting the hot end directly to that extruder plate. You'll have to fab a bracket/mount plate that the hot end and the extruder will both mount to.

In a bowden configuration, you'll also not attache the hot end to that. The hot end will mount where the current hot end is, and the bowden tube will run between the two.

Goran Milici

Jul 7, 2021, 1:27:04 PM7/7/21
to DYZE DESIGN, Puppet172 D
Good luck. when you mount it let me know how you did  it. Ive had mine for 3 months now and its still brand mew because i haven't found a mount for it. And if there is a mount for my printers then its modded so its on linear rails instead of normal rails. And I have a prusa mk3s, a prusa mini, had a biqu b1, have a lulzbot taz5 justy finished building ratrig v cast idex and a blv mgn cube and i finally found a mount to use that uses mgn 12 rails but its so ugly. My new printers have all nice and fancy mounts with leds and other cool stuff and then there is this dyze mount that looks out of place.

Karl Luhr

Jul 11, 2021, 6:26:38 PM7/11/21
to DYZE DESIGN, milic...@gmail.com, Puppet172 D
I had to make an adapter plate to mount the hotend to the carriage plate. There's compatible designs on Thingiverse you'll have to tinker with to fit your exact needs.

The closest commercially available adapter is this:

However, it won't work without taking a dremmel to it as the heatsink on the Dyzend, or X is square and the rounded shoulders interfere. It's a shame Dyze hasn't made a couple of adapters for their hotends.

Goran Milici

Aug 25, 2021, 2:37:12 PM8/25/21
to DYZE DESIGN, karl...@gmail.com, Goran Milici, Puppet172 D
Yeah I already have that and I've tried all the other ones that are on thingiverse and stl finder. Com and prusa and and and. I've tried all the sites and I'm not good at modifying designs to tweak them. So what I found that works is using mounts that were meant for a v6 and then using a dremel to file off a little bit so that it fits a little better. I had it working for a while but then I somehow got a clog and being pissed it was clogged used a torch to melt the filament inside I overheated it and I'm pretty sure I burned the tubing inside and need to re order a throat. I think my extruder had a ptf tube inside. But when it worked it worked great. My voron will be here next week and this thing I think is best suited for high speed printing and pushing out more filament than high flow dragon or mosquito. Will update once I get it going on my voron

Technical Support

Aug 26, 2021, 7:39:22 AM8/26/21
to Goran Milici, DYZE DESIGN, karl...@gmail.com, Puppet172 D
Hi Goran!

Don't hesitate to check for our spare parts in our store if something is broken. If you can't find it, contact us and we'll help you sort this out!
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon dyzedesign.com