After cleaning the screw the heatertube doesn't fit anymore.

P de ruiter

Oct 5, 2022, 9:42:58 AM10/5/22
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi Dyze design,

I have a question, we had some problems with extrusion so we cleaned the screw.
However now we want to place the heating tube over the screw and it wont fully move to its correct position. We have a gap of approx  20 mm. Any idea how to solve this.

With kind regards,

Paul de Ruiter

Technical Support

Oct 6, 2022, 3:38:24 PM10/6/22
to paul_in...@hotmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Paul,

We've sent you the details about hot-seating the barrel through e-mail!

I hope it helped!
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com

nachogil

Oct 7, 2022, 2:38:02 AM10/7/22
to DYZE DESIGN, DYZE DESIGN, DYZE DESIGN, paul_in...@hotmail.com
Put me in copy please 🙏🏻

Technical Support

Oct 7, 2022, 11:27:17 AM10/7/22
to nachogil, DYZE DESIGN, DYZE DESIGN, paul_in...@hotmail.com
Hi!

Here is the instruction we gave to Paul:

When removing the screw, some polymer was probably pulled from the bottom.
When removing the screw for cleaning, it must be heat-seated back in place.
To do so, we use a longer screw to hold it in place without putting force on it. Then carefully heat the hot zone, and use some high temperature glove and safety equipment to bring the hot zone in place. There should be some polymer extruding while doing this operation.
While lifting the hot zone, we'll get access to the screw and you'll be able to put it back in place.

Cleaning the screw using purging compound should be preferred as it is much longer to remove, clean, and put it back in.

I hope it helps!