Pulsar: Damage in gearbox

Tristan Mi

Apr 19, 2022, 10:11:05 AM4/19/22
to DYZE DESIGN
Hello all,

I am a student at Thomas More college in Belgium and we recently bought a Pulsar pellet extruder. When we operated the Pulsar, we experienced some vibrations and a lot of noise. After opening the gearbox, we found some damages around the big gear on the second axis. (see image blow)
2022-03-28 10.47.32.jpg
Image: dismantled gearbox pulsar; paint and metal has been scraped off.

We have not used the pulsar with any material, so it was always empty.
The extrusionscrew has not yet rotated faster than 20rpm.

Does the use of material prevent this damage?
Also, the steppermotor also begins to resonate, further increasing the damage...

Thanks,

Tristan Michielsen

Technical Support

Apr 20, 2022, 9:37:59 AM4/20/22
to michielse...@gmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Tristan,

Thanks for providing this clear explanation and picture, this is very helpful.

This is a very strange problem as there should be 0.8mm clearance between the gear and the housing.
I've opened a case for investigation with our main engineer and the QC team, we'll see if there is something wrong in the tolerancing and I'll get back to you.
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon dyzedesign.com