Modifying Modix Big Meter to fit Pulsar Pelelt Extruder

Aziz Ahmed

Apr 6, 2022, 10:43:02 PM4/6/22
to DYZE DESIGN
Dear All,

   Good day!

   At the University of Wollongong, Australia, we recently purchased the Pulsar Pellet Extruder and Modix-Big Meter 3D printer.

   We are planning to Modify the Modix Big Meter to install the Pulsar Pellet extruder.

    Does any of you have any experience in modifying a similar 3D printer to install the Pelelt Extruder?

   Any sugegstions or recomemndation is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Aziz Ahmed

Technical Support

Apr 7, 2022, 7:54:02 AM4/7/22
to ceea...@gmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Aziz,

We are currently using our Pulsar on a Duet similarly to the Modix and it works very nicely.
Please note that my current concern is about the carriage rigidity, as the Pulsar is quite heavy and long.
There is quite a lot of wiring involved in the transformation as the Pulsar has 3 heating zones plus the feeding sensor, it' possible that the extra cables won't fit in the cable chains.
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon dyzedesign.com