Why the provided stepper motor driver with the Pulsar??

nachogil

Sep 28, 2022, 9:45:22 AM9/28/22
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi,

I have one doubt (I'm not technical bytheway...) is mandatory or advisable in any way or for any reason to use the stepper motor driver provided with the Pulsar?

I mean, in my case I'm using a Duet 3, and the native driver of the Duet 3 is a 6A RMS, the other nema23 of my printer are more powerful than the Pulsar motor (LDO-57STH86, Holding Torque: 24.5 kg/cm, Voltage: 3.0V ) and they work perfectly.

Please, enlighten me with your wisdom :)

Technical Support

Sep 29, 2022, 9:11:37 AM9/29/22
to na...@nachogil.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi!

It's not mandatory to use the provided stepper driver. However, in order to reach our advertised flow, the motor needs to run at 48VDC. Running it at a lower voltage will reduce the stepper torque at high RPM, thus the stepper will start skipping sooner.
Phil
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com