Dyzextruder GT Duet Wifi

DavidC

Apr 3, 2019, 5:25:00 PM4/3/19
to DYZE DESIGN
I'm trying to get good retraction settings for the Dyzextruder GT and Dyzend X (0.4mm). I'm trying to figure the right retract speed and I would like to get a recommendation on the acceleration and jerk for a high gear ratio extruder. I'm running 24 volts. At the moment I've set my acceleration to 3000 mm/s^2 and  jerk to 2400 mm/minute. Are these too high or too low? I'don't seem to get good timely response from the extruder when I change speed and pressure advance settings seem ineffective.
Here are the settings for the acceleration in Reprap Firmware gcode
M201 X6000 Y6000 Z1200 E3000         ; Accelerations (mm/s^2)
M566 X3000 Y3000 Z400 E2400          ; Maximum jerk speeds mm/minute

Please advise,

Thanks,

DavidC

Philippe Carrier

Apr 4, 2019, 8:41:00 AM4/4/19
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi David,

I've never made tests about acceleration and jerk in the past regarding the extruder and printing quality. It could be interesting to spend some time.

If these values are too high, you will hear your motor skips, as it's unable to move.

We haven't changed the default acceleration values from our current printers.

gab...@delvelabs.ca

Apr 4, 2019, 9:59:18 AM4/4/19
to DYZE DESIGN
You might want to take a look to the pressure advance feature of RepRap firmware.

I can't find the info if it takes jerk/acc in account, but the inverse would surprise me.