Filament Sensor False Triggers

Benjamin Mitchell

Jun 12, 2023, 12:57:07 PM6/12/23
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi,
I have a Sentinel filament sensor that has worked beautifully for several years, but I've recently started seeing a fair number of false positive triggers.  Obviously this is a bummer!

I'm using this with a Duet 3 board, and while I'm not 100% sure the time lines are correlated, this started happening roughly the time I updated the board to the newest firmware (I hadn't done that in quite a while.)

I don't see much in the way of tuning that can be done for an "S1" type sensor in the M591 command.  Anyone have suggestions for things I might try to mitigate this?  It's wreaking havoc on my print process.*

Thanks,
-Ben

*Ok.  Not HAVOC per se, but it's suuuuupppper frustrating.

-Ben

Technical Support

Jun 13, 2023, 1:27:30 PM6/13/23
to bmit...@gmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hello Benjamin,

It might be time for a filter cleaning or a PTFE replacement.
Indeed, not much can be done on the firmware side with a simple filament detector and the M591 command.

Flo
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com