3rd Party Stepper Motor Use

Luey

May 27, 2021, 9:07:06 PM5/27/21
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi, would it be possible to change the stepper motor on the DyzeXtruder-GT to a standard 3rd party NEMA17 stepper?

I understand the shaft on the Xtruder is much shorter and the gear is pressed in. I'm doing some experimentation with closed loop stepper motors on the extruder end.

Thanks!

Technical Support

May 28, 2021, 7:15:34 AM5/28/21
to mace....@gmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hi Luey,

The simplest solution would be to get a closed loop PCB and install it at the back of the extruder.
Changing the motor and the gear requires tooling and tolerance control for the gear position.
Support Team

Logo

100-1505 Saint-Thomas
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon dyzedesign.com