Old DyzeDesign Stepper motor

Sangra69

May 15, 2022, 7:15:13 AM5/15/22
to DYZE DESIGN
Since you got rid of the first DyzeDesign extruder, I still have some of the old parts like the stepper motor. I wanted to use it as a replacement motor  for the Y axis. Everything seems to work but the print is cut in half or basically skewed. What do I need to get it to work properly? I just don't want to get a new one...lol

I just need specs on how to run it properly.

Florence Ah-Fa

May 16, 2022, 9:41:12 AM5/16/22
to DYZE DESIGN, Sangra69
Hello,
It seems that you have to change your steps per mm value for the now Y motor in your firmware as it sounds like it travels only about half the distance in Y.
The steps per mm value for the stepper motor used in the old extruder is 250 for 1/16 microstepping, you can adjust it depending on your microstepping, ex: 1/32 would be 500.