pulsar gets clog

Dan Saroussi

Jun 9, 2024, 4:11:42 PMJun 9
to DYZE DESIGN
hello,
im using my new pulsat large pellet extruder. the heating of the pellets needs to me in 3 heating steps and if not my petg get stock in the beggining

how can i control that it wont happen ?
hoe can fix clogs without dissassembly all the extruder?

thanks

dan

Technical Support

Jul 2, 2024, 8:34:57 AM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to saro...@gmail.com, DYZE DESIGN
Hello Dan,

With some materials like PETG, the pellets near the feeding section can become too soft and clog the extruder as they agglomerate together too soon in the internal screw.
To prevent that you should lower the temp of the top heater. The 3 heaters can be controlled independently, depending on the firmware that you are using (Marlin, RepRap or Klipper etc) there are several commands to do this by modifying the start g-code in the slicer or manually.
What are the different temps that you are using ?

With some clogs you can heat up to higher temps than normal so the material is almost liquid, extruding some abrasing purging compound can also be useful, for others there is unfortunately no choice than heating up all heaters, turning everything off and lowering the heatcore to access the screw to clean it. as described here up to step 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Xj2xD5juZ34f5O6d0qgPaOnM3H6G4h_/view

Flo
Support Team
Tier 1 Customer Service
Logo

1505 Saint-Thomas Suite 100
Lemoyne, Quebec, Canada, J4P 3S2
linkedin icon facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon
dyzedesign.com