Orthus and Klipper

Scott Sekuterski

Feb 15, 2023, 2:14:22 AM2/15/23
to DYZE DESIGN
Greetings,

I am having a lot of trouble getting my Orthus sensor to work with Klipper.  On startup, the sensor always reads as "detected" and immediately changes to "empty" whenever I try to extrude.  Also, the system never seems to change its status when I insert or remove filament.  The LED on the Orthus flickers properly as filament moves through so I know the sensor itself appears to be functioning.

[filament_motion_sensor orthus]
detection_length: 0.8 (I have tried values between 0.8 and 10.0)
extruder: extruder
switch_pin: ^!PB7 (I have tried this both with and without ^ and !)
pause_on_runout: False
runout_gcode:
  M117 Filament Sensor
  M600

I have tried settings 2 and 3 on the dial.
Voron 2.4R2 with a BTT Octopus board.
Klipper version is v0.11.0-105-g1e7057e9.  I also tried it on an earlier firmware before moving to this one.

I haven't found anyone else who has tried running this sensor with Klipper and was rather excited to see potential support added to the documentation not long ago.  Any ideas as to what is going on?