dyzextruder mount for CR-10

Irwin Riolinus

Jan 23, 2019, 9:44:47 AM1/23/19
to DYZE DESIGN
I bought a dyze GT kit for my Creality CR-10 but have yet to find a suitable way to mount it....shall I install as a direct setup (extruder/motor/hotend) or have the motor/extruder separate in fix position and just have hotend on the X carriage plate?  I think this feels kinda heavy for a direct drive kit mounted on a moving axis....I havent found any STLs anywhere yet for any mounting options and am not very good at CAD yet to make my own....

also whats better in the new "PRO" series? since I just bought mine I feel am missing out already!   thank you

Philippe Carrier

Jan 24, 2019, 8:51:46 AM1/24/19
to DYZE DESIGN
Hi Irwin!

For best printing result, it is strongly suggested to mount them in direct drive. Most motors are highly capable of driving a high load.

The extruder can be mounted directly on a carriage plate, there are mounting screws on each side. A custom carriage can also be printed.

The Pro series has many upgrades compared to the GT. Most of all, it performs better with flexible and it has a few "ease-of-use" upgrades.

Irwin Riolinus

Feb 25, 2019, 7:20:59 PM2/25/19
to DYZE DESIGN
thank you, i ended up mounting direct drive and just drilled/tapped some new threads into the X carriage...working great...

when is the GT Pro series available?