Sharodotsav 2023 - Newsletter #14 - Fundraising, Registration Updates

HDBS Puja Committee

Sep 10, 2023, 7:52:37 PM9/10/23
to enewsre...@durgabari.org
HDBS_Pujo_logos_together_2.jpg

Why donate to Durgabari?

Half a world away from home, Houston Durga Bari gives us and our kids an identity as Bengali, throughout the year. It is not a pandal where Durga Puja is held for 4 days. It is truly our home away from home. So, please donate to grow  and sustain this abode of divine refuge and culture and relive being a Bengali every day. Durga Bari needs your support to thrive and prosper as a beacon of our community in the great state of Texas, and the only temple in North America dedicated to Maa Durga, the Goddess of power!

With the help of your generous donations, the new Kitchen building was built in 2022. Due to this new kitchen, 4 out of 6 meals served during Durga Puja,  approx. 5000 plus meals, were cooked at Durga Bari. This not only gave us the satisfaction of having our favorite Bengali food during Durga Puja but also saved tens of thousands of dollars for Durga Bari. In addition, thanks to the new kitchen and the kitchen volunteers, we are now able to enjoy home cooked food not only during the Pujas but round the year in the form of free Sunday lunches.

HDBS_Kitchen.jpg

Register for Pujas:

Online:  https://durgabari.org/HDBS_Puja_Payments/onlinepujapayments/

To Register by Mail, Click Here to Print the Form

Be an early bird and enjoy the benefits by registering before Sept 24, 2023.

For the latest and greatest on Puja 2023 –

Visit our website: https://durgabari.org/puja-2023/

Follow us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HoustonDurgaBari/

Instagram: http://Instagram.com/durga_bari_houston

Registration Updates

Please see the flyers below with key information on assigned parking (plus availability) and on-site registration dates.

2023-05 Assigned Parking v2.jpg

 Onsite_registration_dates_flyer.jpg

Temple Update

This year we have scheduled temple Pradokkhin on Maha Shasthi Day (Friday Oct 20) after Beltala Pujo. If you are interested in participating, please contact pujat...@durgabari.org.

Questions and Feedback

Please direct your questions, feedback and interest in volunteering opportunities to pu...@durgabari.org.

We all look forward to our renowned Puja with all the religious rituals, fun, frolic, and cultural extravaganza!

HDBS 2023 Puja Committee