2024 - Magazine Article Submission - Weave your words with the threads of your creativity

HDBS Puja Committee

Jul 5, 2024, 1:32:21 PM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to enewsre...@durgabari.org
         image.png

2024 Puja Sharad Arghya – Ready to Write?

Magazine team needs your participation

Durga Bari Puja Magazine Committee cordially invites you to send original articles (story / poem / travelogue / informational articles) on any topic of interest in Bengali or English. Children can send their artworks / write-ups of their choice. Please send your submissions to maga...@durgabari.org  by August 24th , 2024, so that we have enough time to make the magazine ready before Puja.

Bengali Section

We encourage everyone to submit articles typed in 'Google Bangla' which may be accessed through https://www.google.com/intl/bn/inputtools/try/

English Section

All fonts are acceptable, we might change the font per our magazine committee's preference.

Children’s Section

Please send the 'word file' along with the 'pdf file' for the articles in English and Bengali sections. Word files are needed for editing. Only children’s handwritten Bengali articles will be printed as is, so please make sure that they are written clearly with 2-in margins on both sides.  Mark the articles with:

a) Writer’s name

b) Age

c) The title of the article

d) Your city of residence.

Children can submit their artworks on any topic, no limits on their creative imagination.

2nd Generation Artworks

Inviting ‘2nd Gen’ adults to submit Puja themed artworks (drawing, painting, etc.) for likely use or publication in the Magazine and for Puja communication/flyers.

Call for Magazine Cover Artwork

The Sharad Arghya team invites you to send your Artwork for the Magazine Cover. Our esteemed panel of judges will make the final selection upon receipt of all. The 1st and 2nd runners-up Artworks will be used as section breaks/separators and will be at the sole discretion of our judges.

Please send your entries with the subject line Magazine Cover Artwork to maga...@durgabari.org by August 24th, 2024.

Dear parents/ Graduate class of 2024

READY TO CELEBRATE? Hoorah to our graduates – let’s celebrate together and send out a cheer to all of those who literally grew up in front of our eyes…

High School or College graduates, please submit the following information to maga...@durgabari.org  so we can start compiling our Magazine Graduation Section.

Deadline – August 24th, 2024

a) Student picture (high definition)

b) Student Name

c) School Current School Name

d) College Student will attend, and their major if known

e) Awards/Honors/Achievements (max 50 words prefer within 35)

f) Hobbies

g) Goals (max 35 words)

h) Parents names

j) A quote that inspires you

Contact

If you have any questions, please contact us at maga...@durgabari.org or, Abhijit Bhattacharyya at 832-372-1098

Follow us on social media for the latest and greatest on Puja 2024:

Facebook_logo_(square).png  https://www.facebook.com/HoustonDurgaBari/

Instagram_icon.png http://Instagram.com/durga_bari_houston

Questions and Feedback

Please direct your questions, feedback, and interest in volunteering opportunities to pu...@durgabari.org.

We all look forward to our renowned Puja with all the religious rituals, fun, frolic, and cultural extravaganza!

HDBS 2024 Puja Committee