HDBS Obituary: Smt. Sumati Das

Secretary HDBS

Jul 11, 2024, 8:42:45 PM (6 days ago) Jul 11
to enewsre...@durgabari.org

Obituary

Smt. Sumati Das

image.png

image0.jpeg

In Memoriam: Smt. Sumati Das (1940 - 2024)

With a heavy heart, we announce that Smt. Sumati Das, mother of Tapan Das, HDBS Trustee, past Chairman of Trustees and community volunteer, passed away in Rishra, West Bengal on Friday, July 5, 2024 at the age of 84.

She lived her entire life in their ancestral home in Murshidabad, West Bengal and moved to Kolkata a year ago for health reasons.

Her main priority in life was being the best mother that she could be. Beyond this, she also managed to look after everyone else who came in touch with her. She lived a full life with simple pleasures. The loss of her support, guidance, and love leave a vast emptiness and pain in the lives of her family and community.

Sumati is predeceased by her husband Nemai Chandra Das. She leaves behind one daughter Bulbul, three sons Tarun, Tapan, and Shyamal, as well as daughters-in-law, and grandchildren, including daughter-in-law Mou and granddaughters Rukmini, Shalini, Sanyukta and great granddaughter Kavya.

The Shraddha Ceremony will be held on July 16th at their ancestral home in Murshidabad, West Bengal.

Our deepest condolences to the Das family. May her soul rest in peace.

May her soul Rest in Peace.

Sincerely,

HDBS Executive Board

image.png