Re: [HIPOS-devel] HidaV/HIPOS layers in OpenEmbedded layer index

Mario Schuknecht

Apr 4, 2013, 8:37:23 AM4/4/13
to hipos-de...@dresearch-fe.de
Hi Paul,

thanks for asking. We are currently in a renaming/restructuring phase. And due to Easter holidays, some developers on vacation. Can you wait until next  week for the answer?

Regards,

Mario Schuknecht

2013/4/4 <bluelightning@gmail.com>
Hi there,

I'm one of the people maintaining the new OpenEmbedded layer index [1]. Among the layers listed there is meta-hidav [2], the repository for which has been renamed recently. We'd like to keep the index up-to-date so I have a few questions:

* What should we now be listing? Should the meta-hidav entry just be updated to point to the new HIPOS repository using the meta-hidav subdirectory? If so, can you nominate one or more maintainers?
* Should the other meta-* layers in the DFE github group be added to the index as well?

Thanks,
Paul

----

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

[1] http://layers.openembedded.org/
[2] http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/layer/meta-hidav/

DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany

Tel: +49 30 515932-240  mailto:schuknecht@dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058

Angelika Tobisch

Apr 4, 2013, 8:40:52 AM4/4/13
to blueli...@gmail.com, hipos-de...@dresearch-fe.de
Hello Paul,

the old name meta-hidav was referring to TI's da vinci processor. However, we were forced to consider other hardware platforms as well.

As such, the new meta-hipos now is a distribution layer instead of a BSP layer and should be listed as such. We propose the following description: "DResearch HIPOS distribution". As for maintainers, we would like to nominate our team at hipos-de...@dresearch-fe.de. If you need names, they are: Eik Binschek, Mario Schuknecht, and Angelika Tobisch.

BSP layers for different architectures are included in our other meta-* layers. As they are only intended to be used in conjunction with meta-hipos, we do not think they should be added to the index.

Thank you for asking and sorry for not getting around to this part of the renaming on our own so far. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.

Kind regards
Angelika