ti816x-bootable-sdcard.sh doesn't find squashfs image

1 view

Kai Warncke

Mar 15, 2012, 7:17:37 AM3/15/12
to hidav-devel-list
Hi,

i've build the hydraip-devimage and now want to bring it on my SD-
card.
I've found the ti816x-bootable-sdcard.sh script which works correct
until it wants to copy
hydraip-image-hidav.squashfs which doesn't exist.
I guess the files of the _boot_ti816x directory are the bootloader
and
uImage-hidav.multi-config-ti816x.bin symlink is the kernel.
What's the hydraip-image-hidav.squashfs for since the rootfs is
located on the second
partition.

echo -e "----\nCopying bootloader and kernel\n--"
mkdir -p tmp_mnt
mount ${1}1 tmp_mnt
cp _boot_ti816x/MLO tmp_mnt/
cp _boot_ti816x/u-boot-2nd.sd tmp_mnt/
cp _boot_ti816x/MLO.nand tmp_mnt/
cp uImage-hidav.multi-config-ti816x.bin tmp_mnt/uImage
cp hydraip-image-hidav.squashfs tmp_mnt/hidav-root-fs.squashfs
umount tmp_mnt
rm -rf tmp_mnt

Regards,

Kai

Thilo Fromm

Mar 15, 2012, 1:08:41 PM3/15/12
to hidav-de...@dresearch-fe.de
Hi Kai,

> i've build the hydraip-devimage and now want to bring it on my SD-
> card.
> I've found the ti816x-bootable-sdcard.sh script which works correct
> until it wants to copy
> hydraip-image-hidav.squashfs which doesn't exist.

You need to build hydraip-image and hydraip-devimage in order to set
up a working SD-card image:
- the devimage will be the card's rootfs
- the image will go to the boot partition so it can be flashed into
NAND from the bootloader

If you just need the SD card and you don't want to flash a "production
image" into NAND then it's OK to just remove the corresponding lines
from ti816x-bootable-sdcard.sh.

> I guess the files of the _boot_ti816x directory are the bootloader
> and
> uImage-hidav.multi-config-ti816x.bin symlink is the kernel.
> What's the hydraip-image-hidav.squashfs for since the rootfs is
> located on the second
> partition.

It's the (much smaller) production image in the NAND flash. Currently
we do development with the SD cards (so developers can have their own
dev system on separate cards). We're using the NAND for run-time
optimizations since our production firmware will run from there.

I think you should be fine with the SD Card dev image for now, so
removing these lines will be OK.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH

Kai Warncke

Mar 19, 2012, 5:46:28 AM3/19/12
to hidav-devel-list
Hi Thilo,

I uncommented the mentioned two lines and the script did its job.

Thanks,
Kai