A little more squash in your life can't be a bad thing

James Green

Oct 3, 2023, 11:59:43 AM10/3/23
Apologies for the mass email - if you're getting this it's because I think you're interested in adventures in squash. Please forward to any other enthusiasts!!

Open Squash has had a funny thing happen to us - we sponsor several squash players and three of them (World #1 Ali Farag, World #8 Victor Crouin & World # 8 Gina Kennedy) are going to be at Open Squash on Thursday.  Originally, due to their schedules, we didn't think they could make it and so we had almost no notice that they would show up. We've organized some junior activities, but they are also going to do a wee exhibition match.

The Ask: Can we persuade you to show up and cheer them on?!

Really that's it. On Thursday at 6:30pm Ali, Victor & Gina will have an exhibition match and we'd like to have a crowd on hand. Someone will likely ask you for a donation (we operate the center at a loss to ensure that everyone can afford to play), but in this case there's no obligation. We are a little worried that three of the best squash players in the world will show up and we won't be able to provide them with the crowd they deserve. We would be very grateful if you'd honor us with your presence. :-)

If you want to take it to the next level you can actually get on court with one of them! You have to bid to do that but I suspect that not a lot of people will be bidding so for the price of a lesson you can (probably) get on court with a top 10 player.

To Register, email in...@OpenSquash.org or click on this link

The link has a bunch of questions in it - along with the ability to bid to play, but the only important parts are your name and email.

And if there aren't any other reasons - I'd love to see you - and I'll be there - and hopefully that's not a deterrent.

Meanwhile, please remember, don't boast, just keep it deep,

James.

   James Green