Deprecation of Sync "items/add" endpoint

Omar Samuels

Mar 17, 2023, 7:29:00 PM3/17/23
to todoist-api
Greetings,

This is just a special heads-up to advise that we will be shutting down a deprecated endpoint that it seems is still being used by only a very few integrations.

The endpoint is the items/add endpoint documented here.

This is a very old endpoint that has been problematic and has already been outmoded for a few years now with much better and more capable endpoints now available.

For the few developers who may need to make a change, your other options are:
  • Sync API: Quick Add item: This endpoint allows you to add a new item using the Quick Add implementation available in our official clients (complete with smart text parsing, etc.)
  • REST API: We also have this endpoint available on our simpler REST API that can be used to create a new task (complete with a long list of parameters that can be included for even more power)
Please do migrate to either of these endpoints (or both) and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The deprecated items/add endpoint will be shut down by March 31, 2023.

Thanks for your partnership and for being such an important part of our community.