Migration to REST API v2 and deprecation of v1 (to be removed on Nov 30, 2022)

Lefteris Chatzimparmpas

Sep 8, 2022, 9:17:35 AM9/8/22
to todoist-api

Hello Todoist API users and partners,

As v2 is the current stable version for the REST API (you can learn more about it at developer.todoist.com/rest/v2/), we are going to start the deprecation of its predecessor.

In case you have an application making API calls to any version less than v2, we strongly recommend you to migrate to v2 as soon as possible to avoid downtime after Nov 30, 2022.

Since today, we're returning a “warning” header for all API requests using a version less than v2:

$ curl -vs https://api.todoist.com/rest/v1/projects -H "Authorization: Bearer $token"  |& grep warning
< warning: 119 - "Deprecated API version. Will be removed on 2022-11-30"

Please contact us if you need any additional information about the API and how to migrate.

Stay safe and productive,
The Todoist Team

Lefteris Chatzimparmpas

Oct 18, 2022, 11:16:30 AM10/18/22
to todoist-api, Lefteris Chatzimparmpas
Hello Todoist API users and partners,

We would like to inform you that we are planning for brownouts on our Rest API v1 service, in order to bring awareness on the deprecation that will take place soon, and the necessity to migrate to v2.

Specifically the duration, date and time of the blackouts are as follows:
  • 1h brownout in Oct 31st, from 15:00 to 16:00 UTC.
  • 2h brownout in Nov 14th, from 14:00 to 16:00 UTC.
  • 4h brownout in Nov 28th, from 14:00 to 18:00 UTC.
Stay safe and productive,
The Todoist Team