Modern vs. classical structures of opposition: A discussion - LUW April 10, 4pm CET

jean-yves beziau

Apr 9, 2024, 9:06:05 AMApr 9
to diagra...@diagrams-conference.org
Logica Universalis Webinar
April 10, 2024 at 4pm CET

Speakers:  Didier Dubois, Henri Prade & Agnès Rico
Title: "Modern vs. classical structures of opposition: A discussion"
Abstract: "The aim of this work is to revisit the proposal made by Dag Westerst°
ahl a decade ago when he provided a modern reading of the traditional square
of opposition and of related structures. We propose a formalization of this modern
view and contrast it with the classical one.We discuss what may be a modern
hexagon of opposition and a modern cube, and show their interest in particular
for relating quantitative expressions."

Associate organization: ADRIA-IRIT, CNRS

Chair : Sayantan Roy, Assistant Editor LU

Everybody is welcome to join, register here:
Jean-Yves Beziau
Editor of Logica Universalis and Organizer of LUW