Announcing the New DFSci Mailing List!

Bradley Schatz

May 9, 2024, 6:19:45 AMMay 9
to df...@dfrws.org

Announcing the New DFSci Mailing List!

You may be aware that for the last year or longer, we have had intermittent problems with the DFSci mailing list. Sometimes the server was down; sometimes the name couldn't be resolved.

These issues, related to application and DNS problems with our outsourced Mailman service, hindered our ability to post announcements about DFRWS events as well as reduced the usefulness of the list.

We have now created a Google Group based list for DFSci and moved all of the subscribed users over to the new group. You do NOT need to have a Google account to be part of the list and instructions on unsubscribing will always be at the footer of every message.

WHY YOU ARE GETTING TWO COPIES OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are cross-posting this to both the old and new mailing lists.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET NEW POSTINGS:

Nothing!

TO POST TO THE LIST USE THE NEW ADDRESS:

The new address is df...@dfrws.org df...@dfrws.org.

IF SOMEONE NOT ON THE LIST WANTS TO JOIN:

Send an email to dfsci+s...@dfrws.org to start the process.

People who are not part of the group can be automatically signed up when they check the permission box during registration for any DFRWS event.

People who have not registered, or registered but haven’t explicitly given permission to be signed up, can still be added to the group manually.

To encourage people to join, you are welcome to forward any group message to someone who is not already in the group. People who want to join the group should be directed to https://dfrws.org/contact-us/

GDPR COMPLIANCE:

DFRWS makes every effort to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) including permission-based signup. The member list is therefore restricted to the group administrator.

POSTING GUIDELINES:

The DFSci mailing list is for announcements, questions, and discussions related to Digital Forensic Science.  Roughly speaking, if it's within the broad umbrella of areas DFRWS include, then it's fair game for the list. Calls for coauthors, publication of papers outside DFRWS, and requests for feedback on independently developed tools are all welcome.

Commercial posts from our sponsors are welcome with limits. We ask that product or service posts be written to a technical audience.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:

Email DFSci...@dfrws.org.